between 1 and 4 weeks
Switzerland, Southern Africa
Contact the staff
A research residency (max. 4 weeks) enables artists and cultural practitioners (e.g. curators, event and festival organisers, mediators) to carry out research in Switzerland, or conversely in Southern Africa. The aim of the residency is to explore possibilities for a collaborative or exchange project between Switzerland and Southern Africa. Pro Helvetia also supports the development of the programme for research and networking trips. The Swiss Arts Council covers the costs of travel, accommodation, insurance and per diem expenses.
- convincing track record: professional activity above and beyond local/regional level
- context-related motivation
- specific cultural exchange project (in outline) with sustainable impact and international resonance, that meets the general criteria of Pro Helvetia.
- relevant and adequate language skills (English, French and/or German)
- applicants from the following countries in the Southern African region may apply: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania (including Zanzibar), Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Applications must be written in English and can be submitted via www.myprohelvetia.ch at any time up to three months before the start of the trip. Further information on www.prohelvetia.ch and on the websites of the liaison offices.